Sunday, June 18, 2006

lost

Feel a little lost.
1) Lisa is on her way to Honduras for 2 wks
2) It's Sunday night, don't wanna work
3) Don't have any emails to read, dun wanna read or surf the net.
4) No current DVDs to watch
5) feel like blogging but not sure what to say.

went for the med sch commencement ceremony yesterday. Felt suddenly extremely emotional because I didn't know when, if ever, it would be ME up on that stage, receiving my diploma.

I didn't feel that way for my undergrad commencement. sure it was a lot of hard work. but i KNEW that in X-years, after X-number of credits, I would graduate. I can't even remember where my Hopkins diploma is.

but wow, if I ever get my PhD...

I think this blog is becoming very BORING. that's because all I think about is my failed experiments. dat's enough to turn anyone from intelligent-sentinent-being,-interested-in-the-world to progressively-desperate-whiny-pile-of-sh**.

I've just been on this website www.savekaryn.com. This lady racked up $20K in credit card debt and was asking for donations to pay it off. and it worked! apparently she is now debt free, and has written 2 books. the book reviews look good. I think i'll look them up in the library. But that's kinda cool. that people would do this. However, from her website, she does seem like a funny and interesting person who's seriously trying to save money. So maybe that's why people would donate. I wonder if I put up a website asking for $0.5 million dollars, if people would donate. well, worth a shot: anyone who wants to get me out of A* can paypal me at [dapearl at gmail dot com]!!

but what would I do if I'm not working for them? I dunno. hopefully something else equally productive. like dreaming of ways to revamp the US healthcare system. or thinking of issues like 'where is capitalism leading us' and 'if one can recreate, to every last neural connection, a person's brain, would that brain have the same memories and personality as the original person?'. I guess that last question can be rephrased as 'is there such thing as a soul?'

see? all these interesting questions. but as yet no answers, because I'm wasting my time bemoaning my sad fate. fortunately, YOU can help. with every donation to [dapearl at gmail dot com] via paypal, you bring me closer to what-could-have-been.

of course, you may ask: why don't you think about these issues in your copious free time? for example, as you sit here and type, you could have already found answers to any number of important and interesting questions.


That is a good question. It deserves a good answer.

** word of the day: ONIOMANIA -- a passion or insane desire to buy things **

No comments: