Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Was pondering over this whole gift-giving phenomenon-- I just don't like it..... Perhaps it's cos my family isn't at all into it-- not even during b'days and Christmas etc. It's so much easier to give $$ during Chinese New Year than to agonise for weeks over the "perfect" gift, which never turns out to be all that perfect anyways. Imagine if all that brain power could be directed into thinking about World Peace or sustainable energy, or famine, or alchemy etc etc... I bet Einstein never really thought about what to give his mum for Mother's Day...

I think the Top 3 gifts I ever got were my Oxford Rugby shirt, and socks. And my frog..... And that's when I continually vocalised my burning desire for them..... It's Brilliant that all these websites now let you create online wishlists-- Everyone should do them and check out their friends'.... i mean... U get exactly what you want, and ppl don't have to waste days of their lives getting you something that really means a lot to you, but is PURPLE and thus you usually won't be caught dead wearing. the only problem is that each store has their own list, so if u want 1 thing each from gap, ae, amazon, best buy etc etc etc, ur poor friends have to devote brain power to guess which website to check out.....

so I've decided to create my sample wish list here (just for reference, of course):
1. Needle and Thread.
2. Socks. (can Never have too many socks, esp with the weird time warp/black hole thing going on with the dryer)
3. wushu staff (for nangun)
4. wushu shoes
5. Brad Pitt
6. Socks

=).... so. not all items are practical and realistic (I understand if you can't find good socks), but the rest should be manageable, right? oh yes. a US Green Card and US$10million can't hurt either.

ciao and happy thanksgiving!

No comments: