Monday, December 08, 2003

hm. well. another week goes by. brings to mind this quote frm Macbeth:
Tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow,
Creeps on this petty pace from day to day;
Till the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays have lighted Fools,
The way to Dusty Death.
etc etc.

thank goodness the quarter is ending-- new hope that next quarter this whole petty pace thing will be NO MORE.

so my aunt is getting me to help her buy human growth hormone. for everlasting youth. =). wow. I hope when I get old, i won't want to buy HGH too. I mean. I may get fat, old and ugly (unlike my aunt who is tall and slim and really not that wrinkled-- why she wants HGH is beyond me), but I hope I never realise it. or mebbe I'll know it but won't care because everyone loves me regardless =). but how effective is HGH anyways?? unless we can reactivate our telomerase and never need to enter replicative senescence, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!! I'm sorry. stark naked truth. get over it.

This whole cloning thing..... I dunno man. I don't think it's the solution to eternal youth. If your brain dies and you get a genetically identical brain, is it still you? how about if you only get a partially new brain? say they manage to get new cells to replace those lost in Alzheimers.....?? Will they make the same connections? do you get a new consciousness? is it gonna be like an alien taking over part of your brain?? heh heh.... I've read too many Animorph episodes... (it's a great series, btw, by KA Applegate, about aliens taking over brains. True it's targeted at 10yr olds, but it's still pretty good.)

anyways. enough crap for today. stay tuned.

ps: needle and thread is officially removed frm my wish list. replaced by Personal Maid Service.

No comments: