Tuesday, September 11, 2007

yay

很幸运认识了两位中国朋友,给我介绍了google pinyin! now I can type in Chinese! Truly revolutionary. 可是我中文实在太栏了。真的哑口无言, 没话可说。

I've been keeping busy by watching Taiwanese dramas online. Was hooked on 'Devil Beside Me' (恶魔在身边) starring Mike He and Rainie Yang. This drama is apparently classified as an 'idol film' (偶像片) becos the actors/actresses are super hunky/chio. Mike He is definately drool-worthy; Rainie Yang is uber-cute, AND she sings well.. *sigh*... life is not fair. =X

I have mixed feelings about Rainie Yang's cuteness. The I-love-small-children part of me wants to rush up to hug her and protect her from the world, and the small-children-are-super-manipulative-they-should-all-
be-kept-in-a-box-until-they-grow-up part of me is cringing and disgusted that she uses these act-cute tactics. Found a video on youtube where she's actually discussing with the talk show host about how to act cute and the appropriate time and place etc.

Despite my disgust at Rainie's 下贱 technique, I must admit that most girls have finely honed strategies of 'persuasion' that work on the opposite sex, whether it's the 'wide-eyed cute look', or the 'petulent pout', or the 'silent anger treatment' etc. Of course, as Rainie mentions in the video, you can't use it too often, or it loses it's effectiveness.

I've been trying to work on a technique that will work on girls, but so far have not had any success. On the contrary: upon being treated to my multiple strategies, instead of giving in to my requests, my female friends convulse in laughter. This is quite disturbing. Guys: any advice??

warning: the video is kinda long, the how-to-be-cute part comes in the 2nd half

3 comments:

J said...

LOL. If you tried any of the strategies that she suggested in the video, no wonder ur friends broke out into laughter. =P

Anonymous said...

excuse me, how goondu do u think I am? and ahem, some people who are in JC 2 and whose name is JESSICA should be studying for prelims......

!!!
P.

J said...

Aiya, of course act cute tactics are supposed to work on GUYS, not GIRLS. Lol. Eh, taking a break mah. It's very stressful to study all day. =(