Monday, May 02, 2005

GONE CASE

Wah lau I'm really lousy. not even 2 days into my icecream fast and I have broken my vow of celibacy. but it's not Really My Fault (yar rite). my dorm organized FREE COLD STONE ice cream. how to resist i ask u? I got 'Banana Split Decision', a heavenly concoction of Banana ice cream, banana, strawberries n fudge. in a waffle cone. *extreme bliss*. only one notch below a warm Krispy Kreme doughnut + coffee. *heaven*

I have however renewed my vow to stay off ice cream for this week.

whoop! I'm going to Boston next week!!! but it's for a 4 day scientific conference =(. sometimes I think i'm in the wrong field. Reading immunology papers is the shortest road between me and the sandman. I'm convinced that i'm gonna spend 4 days in Boston asleep in various conference rooms. WHY can't people make their talks more interesting?

Immunity is actually pretty cool. Instead, people fill their talks with super-boring details of endless chains of protein phosphorylations and dark little gels and graphs Filled with super-confusing spots.... AARRRGH!!!! if I wasn't completely unconscious in 5 mins, i'll be gashing my teeth and pulling out my hair at the agony of it all. But the WORST part is that one day i'll be presenting my own little obscure graphs and pictures. I can feel it. I already have a file full of fuzzy black spots. They actually look quite interesting, but only AFTER u drink urself into oblivion. I guess if i ever give up science I have a back up job as psychologist, administering those ink blot tests.

No comments: