Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Boston

Am back frm Boston. Exhausted. useful trip though. Stayed awake 50% of the time, of which only 20% was spent doodling, writing the alphabet, dreaming of eternal bliss etc. gained scientific knowledge, thought about what expts to do this month.

I'm becoming as paranoid as Joe. Was debating whether to record my newly-gained ideas here, but decided not to because
1) No one else is interested (even I'm not interested, sometimes)
2) what if some random person steals them and sets up MY biotech?

Boston is interesting. Nice city, beautiful parks, historic bldgs, houses look rustic in a quaint, good way. A lot of red brick, tall windows, black spire-like roofs. Not that many homeless people, either. Sure, they're there, but they won't stand on the roads and harass drivers like in Baltimore, and when u don't give them money they won't yell insults at u (like in B'more), and the ones I saw weren't lying in their corners reeking of alcohol and piss. Can anyone tell that I really hated Baltimore? But mebbe I was in posh downtown Boston and haven't really been to the sketchy areas yet. The outskirts are probably teeming with hobos. Can u also tell that I'm completely disillusioned about urban America? I swear it's the lack of sleep. I'm usually all bubbly and sunshine. plus I miss my xiao mei.

top 2 observations about Boston
1) Drivers are insane. Pedestrains are also insane. I forgot how much jaywalking is a part of East Coast life.
2) Dunkin Donuts is way more popular here than Krispy Kreme. In Boston, there're more DDs than Starbucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. i haven't visited your blog in a while and suddenly there are so many posts (in april-may). suddenly more free har? ;) anywayz, i miss krispy kremes!

and yes, i can tell u hated baltimore. when are u next back in sg?

~gerry